Saturday 15 November 2008

last night i went to a stampin' up party. it was fun, i made a couple of nice cards. i could happily have bought half the catalogue, but decided i didn't need to start any new obsessions!
we've been doing the dreaded christmas shopping today. it was stupidly busy and i wondered within half an hour why i hadn't stayed at home and bought it all online, especially when we discovered it had cost £8.50 just to park for four hours!

todays prompts are: how many brothers and sisters do you have, where do you fit in?
and did you ever wish you had more brothers and sisters, and why?

i am the youngest in my family. i have three older sisters - Karen, Sara and Fiona. Fiona died within an hour of being born, so i have never known her. she was 14 months older than me, and i've often wondered what it would have been like to have a sister so close to me in age. my other sisters are 8 and 10 years older than me, so for most of my teenage years it often felt like i was an only child, as it was just me, mum and dad at home. it took until i was an adult to feel like my sisters were my friends and that i had something in common with them. before that i just had three mums!
i have never wanted more brothers or sisters, but i did spend most of my childhood wishing my oldest sister was my brother instead. it was only when i was old enough to be friends with her that i began to appreciate her as a girl!! this longing for an older brother was so strong that when i discovered i was expecting my first child, i wanted it to be a boy so that any future children could have the older brother i had always wanted! of course, olivia was not a boy but i still love her with all my heart. now it makes sense to me that it was her first, she is the perfect big sister.
now my family has grown considerably, and i have lots of brothers and sisters - 13 to be precise! thats if you include all the in-laws. i love it, and them, all! it feels natural, like it was always this way, and was meant to be. my kids have 7 uncles and 6 aunts, and its brilliant. i am extremely blessed to have both the family i was born into, and the family i married into. i love them all.

No comments: